Per's Swellendam Diary
   
The Hideaway in Swellendam South Africa is a national monument
   
   
     
 

Per's Swellendam Diary

 
 

Notes, news and observations from Per - the real owner of The Hideaway Bed & Breakfast Accommodation in Swellendam on the Garden Route

Introduction
Ambience
The Suites
Breakfasts
Sundowners
Amenities
Awards
Yoga Retreat
Guest Comments
Photo Gallery
Per's Diary
   
 

Snow on The Garden Route


Hi everybody, it's me, Cleopatra, the real head of The Hideaway, the best value 5 star guest house in Swellendam on the Garden Route. You'll never guess, but I woke up this morning and looked up at the Langeberg mountains and they were covered in SNOW! In April! No wonder I was a bit chilly 'cos Jackie and Stephen hadn't put the heaters in yet. Well, I ask you, only a few weeks ago we had Otters in the garden. Really, here in Swellendam, South Africa, not far from Cape Town and George, we had Otters. They are called Tim and Julie and they stayed at the Hideaway for a few nights, so who would expect to see snow so soon after that? Anyway, the heaters are now there and we have a roary fire in the grate, so I shall be jolly snug tonight. Apparently, the Easter bunny visited us over the weekend. I didn't see him, but then I'm not sure what a bunny is, so maybe I saw him without realising. Jackie was very happy and opened some chocolates to celebrate. I heard that Gizmo is moving into the Hideaway. Now, I am only a cat, and I am not really sure what a Gizmo is, but I think he is going to live in a house in a tree. We have lots of trees, so I'm not sure which one. I shall have to think about all this. Snow, Otters and Gizmo, I wonder if he will let me chase him .....


Archives


February 2011   March 2011   April 2011   June 2011   November 2011   January 2012   March 2012   May 2012   August 2012   September 2012   July 2013   September 2015   November 2015   December 2015   August 2016   October 2017  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]